AMD Athlon64 Systems -- dual-940 boards with AGP+PCI-X are still costly ...

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Oct 17 05:06:33 UTC 2003

nosp wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 10:53, Warren Togami wrote:
>
>>  Right now the tests I could think of include:
>>
>>* openssl "speed" test
>>* oggenc
>>
>>Any other suggestions?
>

> kernel compile?

I think a kernel compile would be a useless comparison because you would
be using completely different compilers to make two kernels for
different archs.  That is not very representative of anything.

> For form's sake: (will mostly be exercising 32bit capabilities, but)
> bonnie++
> bootup time  (hopefully you won't be doing too much of this :))
> shutdown time
> quake3 timedemo
> bogomips :)

Perhaps quake3 if there is a 64bit version, but anything that relies
heavily on disk rather than processor wouldn't be particularly
interesting in a 32bit vs 64bit comparison.

Warren