FYI: Beta 3 Installation Issues

Willem Riede wrrhdev at riede.org
Sun Oct 19 15:34:12 UTC 2003

On 2003.10.15 10:43, pjain001 at covad.net wrote:
> I was able to easily upgrade my work machine from RHL9 to Fedora Core 3,
> however, using the same media, anytime I tried to upgrade my home machine
> ( Fedora Core 2) to FC3, it would blow up on the "searching list of
> packages to upgrade".  I understand that upgrades aren't supported but
> this just an FYI.  Unfortunately, I don't have the error codes from the
> install process to submit to Bugzilla.
>
> Curious if anyone else had the same problem.

Yes. This is what I got:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 766, in nextClicked
    self.dispatch.gotoNext()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 168, in gotoNext
    self.moveStep()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 236, in moveStep
    rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/upgrade.py", line 530, in upgradeFindPackages
    (h[rpm.RPMTAG_EPOCH], h[rpm.RPMTAG_VERSION],
TypeError: argument 2, item 0 must be string or None, not int

Local variables in innermost frame:
intf: <gui.InstallInterface instance at 0x98ad814>
hasFileManager: 1
vers: 0.94
findpackageset: <module 'findpackageset' from '/usr/lib/anaconda/findpackageset.py'>
instPath: /mnt/sysimage
package: <rpm.hdr object at 0xa319188>
h: <rpm.hdr object at 0xbaa5188>
mi: <rpm.mi object at 0xbaa5478>
ts: <rpm.ts object at 0xbaa6b98>
method: <image.NfsIsoInstallMethod instance at 0x97e6b04>
myarch: i386
currentVersion: 0.94
hasX: 1
file: __db.003
supportedUpgradeVersion: -1
release: 0.test6.1.49
found: 0

and then there's a ton of internal data, that I can make available if anyone
wants it.

But, given that such beta->beta upgrades are not supported, and the install
(rather than upgrade) of this test box succeeded, I doubt anyone cares...

Regards, Willem Riede.