kmail spell check

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Sun Oct 19 21:45:00 UTC 2003

On October 18, 2003 04:22 pm, Gene C. , <"Gene C." <czar at czarc.net>> wrote:
> The kmail in RHL9 had to ability to spell check a message.  This seems to
> be dropped in the new kedit (or at least I cannot find it).  I am hoping it
> is still there and that someone can point me to it.

It *is* missing in the current version:1.5.4. Strangely, though, the handbook
(version 1.5) still has this in section 3:

"Checking the Spelling of your Message

To check the spelling of your message, select Tools->Spelling.... KMail uses
KSpell to check spelling, which is the KDE frontend to the ispell or aspell
spelling checker. Note that you may first need to configure the spellchecker
using Settings->Spellchecker...."

However, the option to do so is NOT there.... Kspell *is* indeed present, as
can be verified by loading kwrite, for example.

Elton  8>\
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.