laptop install

Michael Smith operalover_99 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 13:55:31 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I installed Fedora Core B3 0.95 on my Toshiba Tecra
555 laptop over the weekend. All went well (aside from
a tight fit on this old machine), except sound was not
installed - not surprising because no install has ever
recognized this machine's sound (Yahama OPL/3). I used
 sndconfig and got it configured manually, since I
know all the settings.
The only real problem is that the (external) floppy
drive is not available unless it is physically
attached at bootup. I tried running updfstab in a root
console window, but got "command not found". Strange,
because "man updfstab" gives me the manual for
updfstab.

Mike Smith