Compiling 2.6.0

Scott Baker bakers at web-ster.com
Mon Oct 20 18:38:07 UTC 2003

I downloaded the source for Kernel 2.6.0 test8 and I'm able to compile and
get a kernel out of the deal but when I reboot I get a "cannot open root
device label=/"

I think it may have something to do with not have an initrd image, I'm not
sure.  When I try and do an initrd I get a "missing dep file" error.  Even
though I have the latest mkinitrd RPM from RawHide.  "make dep" is no
longer valid with the 2.6.0 series of kernel so I don't know how to get
mkinitrd to stop complaining.  Someone must have run into this before me.

Scott

Scott Baker - Webster Internet
Network Engineer - RHCE
bakers at web-ster.com - 503.266.8253