totem/xine-libs problem

Kevin Bowen kevin at ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 20 19:12:54 UTC 2003

I tried installing totem and xine-libs on my fedora .95 system, from both
the rpm.livna.org and freshrpms repositories, and in both cases, on running
totem, it quits with: "totem: relocation error: totem: undefined symbol:
xine_engine_set_param"

gxine says the same thing ("gxine" substitued for "totem" of course). Any
ideas why this might be, or how I could fix it? Anyone know of any other
packages of totem/xine-libs that are known to work on fedora?

Kevin Bowen
UCSD ACS/Network Operations, Customer Support Help Desk
kevin at ucsd.edu / (858) 534-1857  /  http://www-no.ucsd.edu
Phone Support: 7 AM to 7 PM / Walk-in Support: 10 AM to 3:30 PM