Compiling 2.6.0

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 22:19:44 UTC 2003

Hi,

> > 5. edit the /proc/ksyms (remove all instances of ksyms and replace with
> > ksymsall)
>
> Really?  /proc is a virtual fs running on your current kernel (not 2.6).  You
> want to do what to it?

I'm going of the current Linux Format for that one...

Ooopsie...

I should have said to edit /etc/rc.sysinit and change all instances of
/proc/ksyms to /proc/kallsyms

> > 6. there is another app in /sbin which creates an alias file, you need
> > to run this.
>
> Could you elaborate?  What is "alias file"?

/etc/modules.conf

You need to generate a new modules.conf file.

TTFN

Paul
(needing sleep, cold remedies and other such things)
--
One OS to fool them all
One browser to find them