Fedora Core test3 on Latitude D800 [report]

Lauri Jutila lists at reforge.fi
Mon Oct 20 22:40:25 UTC 2003

> > Kernel actually gives an OOPS on shutdown when it tries to "unload" the
> > floppy module which hasn't ever been successfully probed - shutdown
> > finishes cleanly though.
>
> Can you post the oops in bugzilla?

Do you have any idea how to grab that message into file or simulate the
shutdown process in a way that I can execute only the step that gives me
the oops?

Shutdown completes otherwise cleanly and I wouldn't want to do 25
reboots just to get that message, since the machine boots 2 seconds
after the oops. Writing it down would be a challenge. ;)

Filesystems are unmounted *after* the oops so there might be a way to
record the message to disk?

--
Lauri Jutila
Chief Linux Fellow, Reforge