laptop install

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Mon Oct 20 23:31:28 UTC 2003

Michael Smith wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I installed Fedora Core B3 0.95 on my Toshiba Tecra
> 555 laptop over the weekend. All went well (aside from
> a tight fit on this old machine), except sound was not
> installed - not surprising because no install has ever
> recognized this machine's sound (Yahama OPL/3). I used
>  sndconfig and got it configured manually, since I
> know all the settings.
> The only real problem is that the (external) floppy
> drive is not available unless it is physically
> attached at bootup. I tried running updfstab in a root
> console window, but got "command not found". Strange,
> because "man updfstab" gives me the manual for
> updfstab.
>
> Mike Smith

When you run a root terminal, it does not inherit the path that logging
into a terminal (non-x-terminal) gets. You have to run the entire path
to the file.

I do a locate <program name> to find out where the program is.

It shows that the program is located at the below location.

/usr/sbin/updfstab

This should work (as root).

Jim

--
Gratitude, like love, is never a dependable international emotion.
		-- Joseph Alsop