RHGB not .. GBing...

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Tue Oct 21 05:38:04 UTC 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 02:32:50PM -0400, Douglas Stewart wrote:
> What is the reasoning behind that?  I rather liked it defaulting to
> booting graphically.  First time my wife has ever said "Ooooh! Nice!"
> when looking at a Linux boot-up process... *grin*

I don't know the reasoning for sure, but some of us (including myself)
were seeing really bizarre network driver failures that went away with
either (a) a 2.6-test kernel or (b) disabling rhgb. (a) by default will
have to wait for Fedora Core 2, so maybe Red Hat decided to do (b) by
default. That's just a guess, though.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>