lilo vs grub

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Oct 21 15:58:47 UTC 2003

Mark Mielke writes:
> From: Mark Mielke <mark at mark.mielke.cc>
>
> Your other arguments, I suspect are due to incomplete knowledge of grub,
> of which at least some of the blame could be put on the difficult to
> read/understand info pages that grub comes with.

I'll ignore the insult for the moment.

Let me remind you that my four issues have not been resolved by the
several people who have written in response to my post yesterday. Every
response was inadequate because it failed to address the issue.

But, since you seem to need to be spoon fed, here's one issue.

Please tell me how I am to know when grub is available to me? Remember,
I don't see the screen, and I don't use a braille display (like your dad
does). So, how do I know that it's now Grub Time?

Please make your answer unambiguous. I don't want to hear about hard
drive activity, etc.

This was my issue #1 yesterday. No one responded to it.

It's a showstopper, in my view.

> Cheers,
> mark
>
> --
> mark at mielke.cc/markm at ncf.ca/markm at nortelnetworks.com __________________________
> .  .  _  ._  . .   .__    .  . ._. .__ .   . . .__  | Neighbourhood Coder
> |\/| |_| |_| |/    |_     |\/|  |  |_  |   |/  |_   |
> |  | | | | \ | \   |__ .  |  | .|. |__ |__ | \ |__  | Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
>
>   One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all
>                        and in the darkness bind them...
>
>                            http://mark.mielke.cc/
>

> --

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group