smartd telling me nonsense

Andy Green fedora at warmcat.com
Tue Oct 21 15:35:28 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 16:13, Christoph Wickert wrote:

>    1 Time(s): SMART Usage Attribute: 194 Temperature_Celsius changed
> from 134 to 130

> pretty hot! :-)

At least its cooling down :-)  Sounds like its reporting in Fahrenheit and not
Celcius.

This reminds me my logwatch has a ton of nonexistant device scanning from
smartd (Inspiron 5150)

/dev/hda :  (<------dvd drive)
   1 Time(s): appears to lack SMART, use '-T permissive' Directive to try
anyway.
   1 Time(s): not found in smartd database.
   1 Time(s): opened

/dev/hdb :
   1 Time(s): opened  (<-- non existant)
   1 Time(s): unable to read Device Identity Structure

/dev/hdc : (<--------- hdd)
   1 Time(s): is SMART capable. Adding to "monitor" list.
   1 Time(s): not found in smartd database.
   1 Time(s): opened

/dev/hdd :
   1 Time(s): opened  (<---- non existant)
   1 Time(s): unable to read Device Identity Structure

/dev/hde :
   1 Time(s): No such device or address, open() failed

/dev/hdf :
   1 Time(s): No such device or address, open() failed

/dev/hdg :
   1 Time(s): No such device or address, open() failed

/dev/sdz :
   1 Time(s): No such device or address, open() failed