READ AGAIN - GRUB USERS ! :-)

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 00:52:22 UTC 2003

Hi,

> >> Feel free to correct me... Perhaps you will take ownership of lilo, and
> >> ensure that it is actively maintained? Remember, the open source community
>
> Lilo is actively maintained, works on many machines grub does not, can boot
> off more file systems and can handle raid properly.

I remember one of my first looks at Linux - the machine used Lilo as
it's boot loader (RH7.1 IIRC) and I had all hells job keeping it working
(I did a few kernel recompiles). Grub, on the other had, has been a
pleasure to use. No need to run the liloconf app to ensure the changes
have been read in.

I suppose it's horses for courses really. Some like lilo, others like
grub. Why not just ship the two and let the user decide which to take
(and to ensure fairness, neither radio icon should start "on")

TTFN

Paul

--
One OS to fool them all