Gnome AND kde conflicting

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Wed Oct 22 16:24:34 UTC 2003

On October 22, 2003 10:10 am, Christoph Wickert , <Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at web.de>> wrote:
> I think sharing settings from gnome and kde is generally a bad idea.
>
> Desktop: Using the same desktop folder results in:
> - 2 Homes: One is opened with nautilus, the other in konqueror.
> - KDE drive icons not working with gnome desktop.
> - Default kde name for a cdrom is "CD/DVD-ROM", on gnome desktop it
> appears as: "CD%2fDVD-ROM" (German locale)
> - No icons (ether in gnome or kde) if you decide to choose a different
> icon theme than bluecurve.
> - and lots of other "No Name"s on the desktop.
Red Hat is dedicated to creating a unified (KDE / Gnome desktop)
See previous comments from RH people in the shrike-list,
and also do a google search for reviews of "Red Hat 8.0" and "Red Hat 9"
I also *strongly suggest*:
1) Please open a bug report on bugzilla (to report the non-working items
and duplicata on the desktop)
2) Enter an RFE (similar procedure) on bugzilla, if you want these
options.
3) you may also wish to add comments to the following KDE bugs:
102532, 102533, 104478, 104479 ... to name a few ...

cheers,

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.