lilo vs grub

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Oct 22 22:04:14 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 14:24, Troy Dawson wrote:

> I wasn't saying info pages in general weren't good, just the grub ones.  I
> find myself constantly going in circles when I go through it.  I keep hoping
> they get fixed (it had been a few months since I last looked at them.) so when
> Jeremy said that, I gave them another look.

I am sorry, I did not mean to imply that the --once option was properly
documented; I was only defending the fact that 1) the option has existed
in grub for 18 months, and 2) grub generally does have full
documentation in its info pages.  As you've demonstrated, this option is
not properly documented.  I think I had initially learned about it from
a previous Red Hat list (perhaps shrike-list), and confirmed the date of
its insertion from the RPM changelog.

I'm sorry if I came across a little condescending in my previous post.
Sometimes dealing with clueless users all day and then trying to be
polite here as well is difficult.  :-)

--Jeremy