problems using grub

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 03:16:34 UTC 2003

Thanks a lot for the detailed help!

I will try as you suggest tomorrow. When i mentioned that I took off RAID from
the system, I meant that I disabled it using the BIOS.

No, I have not read a formal grub tutorial. Thanks for the suggestion, but
surely this should not be so difficult if we want people to get into Linux and
away from OS's like Windoze?

As I have said, I am a newcomer - I am not sure I am very interested in the
precise details of a system -- I just want something that will be fast and
allow me to do my computation-intensive work efficiently. The graphics card
(ATI Radeon R300 NG FireGL X1) would not provide good resolution (1600x1200)
and so i decided to try Fedora out. I did get a higher resolution after
manually installing the driver, but it really messed up some things (such as
acroread). (Of course, I get 1080xwhatever resolution with Fedora, so I am not
sure it is even worth the effort. Actually, I thought I would try Fedora out
after the post on the ATI Radeon cards in order to contribute to the
testing....)

Btw, I did install LILO. But am clueless as to how to get it to work....Maybe I
will try out the google search you recommend.

Thanks for your help. I will look into it, and post. Unless I decide to go back
to RH9 tonight....

Thanks!