Speakup in kernel

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Oct 23 03:44:20 UTC 2003

seth vidal writes:
> From: seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu>
>
> On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 21:59, Janina Sajka wrote:
> >  You can't use Speakup to take the exams, and Red Hat has upset several
> >  folks with their policies regarding access to RHCE materials.
> >
> >  The ADA wouldn't apply to software. But, it does apply to programs like
> >  RHCE.
>
> That's fine - but the RHCE exams are something to take up with red hat
> legal - not this list. Especially not this list.

Agreed. It was only there to illustrate that there is still room for
improvement in Red Hat's accessibility policies. I blew it by leaving
the 'H' out. But, I hope it won't be RH legal that we have to take it up
with. That would be a loss to software development big time.

> -sv
>

> --

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group