gnome-panel (does havoc read this list? ;-)

Ryan G. ryanpg at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 00:47:59 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Wonder if the gnome-panel is going to get any needed attention soon...
I'm configured to have things looking like osx's dock, i.e. autohide,
no expand, menus and launchers added.  Now here's what I'm seeing, how
bout everyone else?

-Every menu added to the panel has the mouse over lable "Main Menu"

-Show hide buttons option should remove all decoration from the panel
edge (what use are the handles), what does one do if they want NO
decorations at the edges of the panel?

-Drawers are completely buggy. if panel hiding is enabled, drawers open
up without being clicked... this one is quite annoying since it
prevents me from using drawers!

-drawer_autoclose toggle in gconf-editor does nothing

-order of icons/launchers/applets change randomly even if "locked"

-occasionally panel gets "stuck unhid" need to open and close a menu to
re-hide it

-Unable to edit menu items, get an;

"Cannot save changes to launcher
Details: Error writing file
'applications:/Multimedia/planetccrma-rtmix.desktop': Read-only file
system"

-some settings seem to get lost periodically (i.e. auto_hide_size)

Maybe I'm spoiled by osx's dock.  Even so these panel bugs seem to be
getting NO attention on the list.

Thanks all,
-ry

=====