up2date crashes und some circumstances

Andy Green fedora at warmcat.com
Fri Oct 24 08:58:30 UTC 2003

On Friday 24 October 2003 09:43, Peter Boy wrote:

> When I select a random number of individual packages (but not all at the
> same time) anything works fine.
>
> Did anybody else observe this behaviour? Is it a bug in up2date or due
> to some package inconsistincies in rawhide?

Yes, I got this, it caused me a lot of grief.  I downloaded everything that
did not freeze up2date, and then downloaded the bad boys by hand from the
repository and installed them by rpm -U directly.

I believe its a bug in up2date triggered when the installed packages have
dependencies on other packages not also selected, because that's what I was
seeing when I installed them using rpm on the console.

If you didn't already, try selecting only up2date and the up2date ui packages
and updating just those, and trying again.  I think whatever this bug was, it
may have been fixed.  After doing the updates by hand as I described, I no
longer get this behaviour.... whether the fix was in up2date or the
repository I have no idea.

-Andy