up2date crashes und some circumstances

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 10:44:46 UTC 2003

On Oct 24, 2003, Andy Green <fedora at warmcat.com> wrote:

> I believe its a bug in up2date triggered when the installed packages have
> dependencies on other packages not also selected

This is my impression.  It seems that up2date removes .hdr files
formerly downloaded from apt repos when it installs the corresponding
packages.  Then, if it needs to resolve dependencies, it tries to open
the .hdr files it had removed without downloading them again, and gets
into an infinite loop.

I'm yet to file this in bugzilla :-(