Beep on X11 login screen

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Fri Oct 24 13:48:44 UTC 2003

seth vidal wrote:
> to my knowledge, no, it cannot be disabled. And why does it matter?
> It's a single beep.

Why does it matter? WHY DOES IT MATTER!?!?

I'll tell you why it matters!!!!!!

I NEED my gdm login screen to use the same ringtone as my cellphone.
Don't even try to argue about it...i NEED it. This one beep crap is
frankly well below par in my opinion. Yes, yes, it surely does meet a
compelling accessibility need for disabled users (yawn). But what about
me huh? Why can't gdm go that 0.2 steps further and play "hungry like
the wolf" in polyphonic ringtone glory. Yeesh! I'm seriously looking at
using xdm now.

-jef"holding off to file a feature request till after fc ships, closing
bugs should be the near term goal for most people now"spaleta