gnome-panel (does havoc read this list? ;-)

Ryan G. ryanpg at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 14:32:32 UTC 2003

>Message: 17
>Subject: Re: gnome-panel (does havoc read this list? ;-)
>From: Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com>
>To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
>Date: 24 Oct 2003 09:58:59 +0200
>
>On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 02:47, Ryan G. wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Wonder if the gnome-panel is going to get any needed attention
>soon...
>> I'm configured to have things looking like osx's dock, i.e.
autohide,
>> no expand, menus and launchers added.  Now here's what I'm seeing,
>how
>> bout everyone else?
>
>Did you report any of these problems to the upstream (gnome) bugzilla?
>Thats the main place gnome bug reports should go, unless its clearly a
>redhat packaging/artwork bug, or a major showstopper that we have to
be
>aware of. We can't fix all bugs in all parts of gnome ourselves.

Alex, thanks for your response.  I'm not asking anyone to fix anything
(yet).  I'm trying to determine if this is a gnome thing or a fedora
thing or a ME thing.  I'm asking for feedback from fedora users.  Since
no one else has responded affirming or denying these problems, I'm
guessing this is MY problem not redhat OR gnome's.

If however these issues are present for all users, I'd think they would
be considered major show stoppers.  Just loosing the ability to use
drawers effectively in the panel is a pretty big deal.

-ry

=====
--r--