NIH ImageJ fails under FC

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Fri Oct 24 16:07:31 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 11:31, Michael Smith wrote:
> > > NIH ImageJ (a scientific image analysis program)
> > fails
> > > to run under Fedora Core 0.95 with the following
> > > error:
> > >
> > > error while loading shared libraries:
> > > libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared
> > object
> > > file: No such file or directory
> >
> > I think this will cease to be a problem if you
> > install the
> > compat-libstdc++ RPM.
> Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this only gets me
> to the next dependency failure!
> I have written to the people at NIH.

There are several compat* RPMs; I did "rpm -qp --provides
compat-libstdc++-*.rpm" to ensure that my guess was correct -- that it
would solve the particular error you listed. If you're seeing other
errors, perhaps you can check to see if you actually have the RPM's
available to solve the problem yourself (maybe other compat*
libraries?). But there's more than one way to skin a cat; certainly
mailing NIH is another. Good luck and cheers.

--
Paul W. Frields <paul at frields.com>