Unable to bootstrap GNU Emacs 21.3 (segfault)

David Ponce david.ponce at wanadoo.fr
Sat Oct 25 13:41:02 UTC 2003

Hi,

Since my previous post I downloaded the source rpm of Emacs 21.3 from
<http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/Fedora/RPMS/> and
tried to do an:

"rpmbuild --rebuild emacs-21.3-6.src.rpm"

And the rebuild failed on a segfault during the loadup dump stage (see
the attached log file).

I am a regular contributor to Emacs development, and I need to be able
to build Emacs from sources (particularly the trunk development
version).  And I fail to do that on my new Fedora box :-(

I already successfully build Emacs from source many times on my RH 7
box, on Solaris 8 and even on Windows NT4 and XP using the
cygwin/mingw toolset.

So perhaps there is something in the Fedora system that Emacs don't
like.

Did somebody already successfully build Emacs on his Fedora box?

I would really appreciate any help.  I am stuck :-(

Thanks in advance for your support.

Sincerely,
David