Compiling NVIDIA driver for -ntpl kernel

nosp nosp at xades.com
Sat Oct 25 15:32:45 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 16:11, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> The only error I have ever seen, even with the RSSS packages, was that
> some complained that DRI was not loaded. Since the NVidia drivers don't
> like DRI, I assumed this was normal.

Nope, not normal.  Nvidia's drivers don't use DRI -- any opengl program
that thinks it needs to try DRI is not using nvidia's opengl drivers.
This -- that some programs "find" the Mesa opengl library before the
nvidia one you've installed -- is the problem.  Removing the Mesa
libGL.so files manually or via rpm -e --nodeps <mesa> gets rid of the
message.