No audio on Dell 400SC Server

David Pilcher david.pilcher at charthouse.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 21:46:09 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am running Fedora test release 3, and while most things works great and
look the best ever (great job guys!), the audio doesn't.

The drivers appear to load correctly, with the sound card (i810 driver)
being detected, however no sound can be heard, despite playing with the
volume controls.

I believe the sound card is an ADI 198x Soundmax.  The motherboard is an
Intel 875p.

Dell have some alsa drivers for RH9 that I tried under test release 2 and
they did appear to work, but they replaced the volume control program in
gnome with an alsa one... and even then I had to change the volume before I
got anything.

Since the card is detected and the drivers appear loaded though, it would be
better for us if this puppy just worked.

Any suggestions, hints, tips, info I can give you would be great.  I'm sure
there are a lot of these boxes starting to fly around, since dell has been
shipping these pretty cheap.

Thanks,

Dave