Slovene language

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sun Oct 26 21:25:16 UTC 2003

Once upon a time at band camp Mon, 27 Oct 2003 2:46 am, Elton Woo wrote:
> On October 26, 2003 09:50 am, Tadej Janež , <Tadej Janež
>
> <tadejjanez at email.si>> wrote:
> > Anyway, since I was only referring to a slovenian translation issue, I
> > don't think I mattered whether I was using english or slovene language
> > since the intended audience would understand both.
>
> Well said. In the past, I have posted the odd commend in languages other
> than English. IMNSHO, the original post and reply was *not* inappropriate,
> since it delat with the slovene language and translation.
>
> It's disheartening, to say the least, that in this day of increasing world
> co-operation, to see people get their backs up the minute they see a post
> in anything other than English.
>
> It also serves to fortify the commonly held belief that Americans are
> eternally and incessanely arrogant.

its dishartening to assume im an American.  im not  i am a proud Australian.
the whole reason i said something is that the list is alwyas posted in
english except a few single posts.

i was only saying he should post in english because someone else who couldn't
understand Slovene might have been able to participate in the conversation.
perhaps someone who has experience in some other language arabic, japanese,
cantonese, french, spanish.....

it wasnt for any other reason than to say open your possibilities to all
possible help.  if he put in a translation or brief summary in english that
would have been ok.

Dennis