rh9 vs. fedora

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 10:58:54 UTC 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 11:49:46AM +0100, Michal Zeravik wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm using redhat9 shrike and have couple of questions:
> Will be here a stable release of Fedora?

Yes.

> Can I upgrade Shrike directly to Fedora?

Yes.

> Does Fedora have the same patches in kernel like in other rh kernels?

The patches in RH kernels vary a lot between different releases.
There are of course several patches in Fedora Core kernels
(various bugfixes, new functionality primarily NTP and Exec-Shield),
but as has been stated earlier the trend for Fedora Core should be
that kernels are closer to upstream.

> Can I use other patches to kernel (low latency, capabilites,
> preemptive,...)?

Why not? As long as it applies and works, that is...

	Jakub