Trying to get the Graphire to work

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 16:07:40 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 03:16, James J. Ramsey wrote:
> --- "James J. Ramsey" <jjramsey_6x9eq42 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I can think of one thing that I'm doing that might
> > contribute to the problem. X needs a CorePointer
> > device to start up, so one of the things recommended
> > in the HOWTOs has been to 1) set the
> > AllowMouseOpenFail flag and 2) to set up a bogus
> > InputDevice as the CorePointer. The device file for
> > this bogus InputDevice is some non-existent file,
> > like
> > /dev/fake. This is probably why the mouse cursor was
> > initially frozen.
>
> Unfortunately, fixing this didn't help. I ditched the
> bogus InputDevice and set the Wacom mouse (the cursor)
> as the CorePointer. I still have all the same
> problems.

I have this in /etc/X11/XF86Config and my tablet worked last time I used
it (with normal kernel and XFree86):

[...]
Section "ServerLayout"
        InputDevice    "stylus"
        InputDevice    "eraser"
        InputDevice    "cursor"
        Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection
[...]
Section "Module"
[...]
        Load  "wacom"
EndSection
[...]
Section "InputDevice"
        #Option      "DebugLevel" "2"
        Identifier  "stylus"
        Driver      "wacom"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
        Option      "Mode" "Absolute"
        Option      "Type" "stylus"
        Option      "Suppress" "10"
        Option      "Threshold" "50"
        Option      "USB" "on"
        Option      "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        #Option      "DebugLevel" "2"
        Identifier  "eraser"
        Driver      "wacom"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
        Option      "Mode" "Absolute"
        Option      "Type" "eraser"
        Option      "Suppress" "10"
        Option      "USB" "on"
        Option      "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        #Option      "DebugLevel" "2"
        Identifier  "cursor"
        Driver      "wacom"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
        Option      "Mode" "absolute"
        Option      "Type" "cursor"
        Option      "Suppress" "10"
        Option      "USB" "on"