supermount or equiv?

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Mon Oct 27 17:55:28 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 07:14, DAVID BALAZIC wrote:
> George Farris <farrisg at mala.bc.ca> wrote:
>
> How do you mean it doesn't work with some program ?
> It is a FS driver. It works with every program.

Well in GNOME once accessed, the floppy never gets unmounted.  I
followed your script and those are the results i got, it's possible I
have something configured wrong.  I played with autofs sometime ago and
this seemed to always be a problem with desktop environments.

> >Linux floppy support for the type of hardware that we have is broken, it

> lack of motivation ?
> other more interesting things to do ?
> <you will hate me for this one>
> why don't YOU do it ?
> </you>

Mandrake has done this for years but it doesn't get included in the
kernel, probably because the supermount code is no good, I don't know.

Thanks for your support, however, I don't have the kernel coding skills
to do this, wish I did.

George Farris	farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Malaspina University-College - Cowichan Campus