samba trouble

Malcom Uel barlog_7 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 20:19:43 UTC 2003

Am Mo, den 27.10.2003 schrieb Malcom Uel um 15:06:
> But when
> i try to go to network serers I get a "Can't display
> location":Couldn't display "smb:///", because
nautilus
> cannot contact the SMB master browser. Check that
> there is a SMB sever running on your network.

>>I think this has been discussed before: Even if you
>>choose to run no
>>firewall during the installation, firewall is turned
>>on. Turn it off or
>>change your eth0 to be a "secure Device" with
>>redhat-config-securitylevel.

>>Christoph

Thanks alot Christoph. I really appreciated it. It's
funny I actually looked in the security-level-config
program. I had setup a firewall when i installed but
checked all that stuff. I saw it was unchecked and
didn't think anything of it. Has that been reported as
a bug, that the options you may choose for your
sercurity aren't used, even if you did turn on the
firewall?