rhgb

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Mon Oct 27 22:46:07 UTC 2003

On Monday 27 October 2003 17:23, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Erik Englund (erik.orebro at telia.com) said:
> > hmm i searched the archive, didn't find anything...
> >
> > and this is really disturbing! rhgb should print out all failures as
> > default, and guess that wouldn't be to hard to fix either.
>
> Edit /etc/init.d/functions, at the end of failure(), before
> the return, add:
>
>    [ -x /usr/bin/rhgb-client ] && /usr/bin/rhgb-client --details=yes
>
> Work ok for you?

Close but I don't believe you want it to work quite the way it is.

When the graphic boot first comes up, it now does so in "Show details" mode,
then switches to "Hide details" mode when kudzu runs, and finally switches
back to "show details" mode when the error occurs.

While this (or something like it) is OK for now, I really believe that some
kind of simple message (perhaps on the gdm panel) needs to be displayed.  I
do not have the fastest system currently available but the messages are just
going too fast to tell exactly what happened.
--
Gene