why can't I edit applications:///

Ryan G. ryanpg at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 15:06:00 UTC 2003

Here's one I'm just now getting around to figuring out.

I'm unable to add launchers, create folders or move around items in the
nautilus applications:/// window.  This seems to be a major problem
since gnome doesn't provide any kind of menu editor.

Today in a relevent gnome list I read this;

"RH has crippled gnome by disabling editin of applications:///"

So is this true and if so what's the justification.  I know this isn't
all redhats doing but currently menus on the panel are very buggy and
not feature full at all and with the absence of a menu editor (it's
been years now hasn't it?) it sure seems like editing applications://
would be nice.

On an unrelated note, is there a way I can alt-tab my way through
windows on ALL workspaces?

thanks all, you rock!
-ry

=====