undefined symbol: FT_Get_BDF_Property

The Pirate Kings thepiratekings at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 15:22:28 UTC 2003

I've had a few problems since upgrading my RH9 box to
Fedora.

One problem is that I can't run a few applications
(notably synaptic and xchat) because there's some sort
of problem with a fontconf library.  I get this
message:

xchat: relocation error: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1:
undefined symbol: FT_Get_BDF_Property

Googling led me to thinkt hat fontconfig or
fontconfig-devel might not be installed, but they're
both installed and current to version 2.2.1-4.

The other problem I'm having is that trying to run
Starcraft (Brood War) under Winex 3.3 works, but some
sounds don't play after a little while, and some
sounds are distorted.  I imagine the Transgaming folks
will eventually get their heads around this, but if
anyone knows a workaround in the meantime I'd
appreciate it.