Compiling NVIDIA driver for -ntpl kernel

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Oct 28 21:06:46 UTC 2003

On October 28, 2003 03:49 pm, Mike A. Harris , <"Mike A. Harris"
<mharris at redhat.com>> wrote:

> We are not going to make ugly hacks for software installed
> outside of rpm context.  It defeats the entire purpose of rpm in
> the first place, and opens the door for 10000 other software
> companies out there to request and expect special treatment and
> hacks for their software too.
I see your point, and I agree with you totally. FYI, the nVidia drivers
are no longer installed via rpm, but an "all-platform" *.run
script.
 ... I guess I'll have to live with it until nVidia update their drivers to
work with the newer kenels. No major heartbreak, but an annoyance
nonetheless, to have to do those two steps, each time  ...

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.