up2date Error [Was: Re: New fedora-release in rawhide]

Doug Stewart dstewart at atl.lmco.com
Wed Oct 29 16:08:22 UTC 2003

Andreas Sartori wrote:

| that was just an example. it happens every time up2date has to check
| dependencies.
|

| can you send me your configuration of /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
| ?
|
| would be nice
|

| -andy
|
| --------------------------------------------------------
|     andreas sartori
|     system management
|     information & network technologies
|     redhat certified engineer
|

|     fh salzburg fachhochschulgesellschaft mbh
|     schillerstraße 30
|     5020 salzburg austria
|     tel. +43 662 4665 652 / fax 659
|     http://www.fh-sbg.ac.at/int/
|

| Paul W. Frields wrote:
|
|>On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 10:16, Andreas Sartori wrote:
|>

|>>another failure with up2date.
|>>i dont know if it has already been writte here but,
|>>when i update packages and there are dependencies, the up2date
|>>process just hangs. in the logfile i just get:
|>>[Wed Oct 29 08:58:54 2003] up2date solving dep for: ['mozilla',
|>>'libcrlayeng.so.1', 'libcroco', 'libcroco.so.1', 'libcrseleng.so.1',
'xmms']

|>>then nothing happens anymore.
|>>

|>The libcroco issue, I believe, came up as folks updated librsvg2. Try
|>updating up2date first to see if that solves the issue. If not, what
|>I've done locally is to have a yum repo for a mirror of rawhide, and one
|>for the base (e.g. fedora-0.95) install. If I point
|>/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources at both yum repos, that seems to handle
|>everything quite nicely.

Arrrgh.  New error.  When I try to install multiple RPMs from
/var/spool/up2date by hand (having downloaded them by way of up2date and
failing), RPM hangs with the following error:
"error: open of <!DOCTYPE failed: No such file or directory
error: open of HTML failed: No such file or directory
error: open of PUBLIC failed: No such file or directory"

This occurs specifically with the bash and redhat-config-network packages.

A little help?

- --
Doug Stewart
Systems Administrator/Web Applications Developer
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Labs
dstewart at atl.lmco.com