Urgent testing request for openoffice.org-1.1.0-4.4

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Wed Oct 29 18:04:34 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 11:25, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > ftp://people.redhat.com/jakub/openoffice.org/
> > is another release of OO.o rpms with improved startup speed.
> > Please test as much as possible

I cannot give a "scientific" report of performance, but just to
let you know: OpenOffice applications do start up faster on my
humble little 1GB Athlon. What I like particularly, is that the splash
screen is up and gone outta sight so fast that you don't have to
"sit and wait" for th application to load. Excellent!
(not the best report, but feedback, nonetheless...)

Elton ;-)
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.