up2date hang

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Wed Oct 29 22:49:55 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 14:12, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> Gene C. wrote:
> > I have noticed that up2date seems to "hang" if I select a log (eg, all)
> > updates to be downloaded/installed.  The download is fine but when it gets to
> > the install there is some cpu usage but then everything drops to zero and
> > nothing happens.  If I kill up2date and then select only a few packages,
> > everything seems to work fine.
> >
> > Anyone else notice this?
> Yes, exactly the same

When reporting this stuff to the list, it's helpful to indicate your
version of up2date, i.e. the results of "rpm -q up2date". You may also
want to simply do "up2date --nosig up2date up2date-gnome" from a command
line first if you're not using the newest version (currently 4.1.12-1).
--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE