New fedora-release in rawhide

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Thu Oct 30 02:55:31 UTC 2003

Doug Stewart wrote:

> I noticed that, upon running up2date this morning, it was prompting me
> to upgrade fedora-relase to 1-1 (over 0.95).  I skipped that package, so
> as to avoid any potential nastiness.  Does this mean that next week's
> FC1 release has been bumped up?  Will there be any complications if I
> upgrade to the newer fedora-release?
> - --
> Doug Stewart

I downloaded the release package, then uncommented default. It worked
for the below:

There is no channel associated on RHN with the release yet. I was able
to register, divulge the programs installed.

I had to comment the default line again, after registering. Up2date
stopped working when tried after the system was registered.

Jim