host blocking on ftp.redhat.com?

ryan kawisan at telus.net
Thu Oct 30 07:48:40 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 17:22, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 18:03, ryan wrote:
> > really hoping someone can offer insight.  i just changed to my fourth IP
> > because i'm having to do the one-by-one up2date process (hang issue on
> > 'check dependencies' when selecting many packages at once)
> >
> > it worked up to about 10 minutes ago, but now ftp.redhat.com (rawhide)
> > is not responding to any syn's from me when up2date goes to grab the
> > header.info file.
>
> I had the same problem last weekend...I had to wait a day or two and
> everything went back to normal.
>
> Marc.

thx for the response!  i'm running out of IPs to use, but i'm convinced
that there is an issue here.  i've left it alone for 6 hours, came back
- still no go.  switched IP - bingo!  i really truly hope this won't
always be the case - probably won't experience this as much or at all
when up2date gets the bugs worked out and i can mass-download all rpms
at once thus making a single connection (give or take).

wouldn't it seem prudent to remove this restriction for such a system,
especially when it is likely to get beat on by an individual IP numerous
times in a day...even more so during a test release?  anyone from RH
able to comment?

cheers

-ryan