redhat-config-network and tui

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Thu Oct 30 15:30:43 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 22:12, Jim Cornette wrote:
> When trying to "dive into the rpm file with mc. I get this error on
> redhat-config-network
> "inconsistent extfs archive" in a red popup window.
> The tui file gives the exact same symptom.
>
> Just to verify that mc was not acting up. I tried to open another rpm
> that worked fine.

Probably because it's the dreaded 404 HTML page that many others have
been experiencing. Have you tried just doing "cat <file>" or "file
<file>" on it first? mc probably relies on the extension to decide how
to handle the file, rather than a magic-based parse, so it incorrectly
assumes it's actually an RPM, and fails miserably as above.
--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE