Up2date hangs caused by redhat-config-network packages

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 30 15:34:53 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 08:15, William Hooper wrote:
> Peter Boy said:
> > Am Do, den 30.10.2003 schrieb Gerry Tool um 01:52:
> >> I persisted in using up2date to try to get all of today's updates, and
> >> found that the packages causing the hangs after download are the two
> >> redhat-config-network packages.  Everything else installed successfully.
> >
> > This is due to a well known problem with up2date not beeing able to
> > resolve dependencies under some circumstances. While running up2date you
> > should watch tail -f /var/log/up2date.
>
> Someone @redhat.com said they were having sync issues.  Most people
> reporting this actually have HTML pages that get downloaded (404 errors),
> but if you go to http://ftp.redhat.com you can download the file
> correctly.  Sounds like the headers are out of sync with the file
> locations.

I finally succeeded getting all the packages with up2date just now by
installing the new up2date-4.1.14-2 first and the others piecemeal
leaving the redhat-config-* packages until last.  The new packages now
replaces the rawhide channel with two channels called fedora-core-1 and
updates-released.

Gerry