RHN Alert Notification Tool 2.1.2 Discrepancy with up2date 4.1.14-2

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Oct 30 16:40:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 11:26, Adam Scarcella wrote:
> My RHN Alert Notification Tool displays red with:
>
> "1 update available (0 ignored)"
>
> Mouse Click once on the red icon gives me this:
>
> Package Name	Version Installed	Available
> yum		yum-2.0.4-1.rh.fr	yum.2.0.4-2
>
> But when I launch up2date, it says:
>
> "Your system is fully updated. No new packages are needed."

This is because you have yum-2.0.4-1.rh.fr installed from the freshrpms
repository.  There may always be strange conflicts between third-party
repositories and the official fedora.redhat.com repository for the same
package.  The easiest solution is to simply remove the freshprms
package, and install the official one with up2date.

--Jeremy