OO won't create/open documents

Paul Kline Paul at essential-skills.com
Thu Oct 30 21:21:48 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 15:49, Mike Lurk wrote:
> Message: 11
> Subject: OO won't create/open documents
> From: Lauri Jutila <lists at reforge.fi>
> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:27:50 +0200
>
> What's wrong with my system? OpenOffice won't create or open any OO
> documents. When I try to create or open a document, it'll show a filter
> selection window and after selecting or not selecting a filter, the
> window happily closes and nothing happens.
>
> This occurs with OO versions 1.1.0-3 and Jakub's "optimized" 1.1.0-4. I
> have these packages installed:
>
> * openoffice.org-1.1.0-3
> * openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-3
> * openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-3
>
> Am I missing something here or has anybody else had similar problems? OO
> *used* to work fine.
>
> --
> Lauri Jutila
> Chief Linux Fellow, Reforge
> lists at reforge.fi
> http://www.reforge.fi
>
> Have you Mozilla installed or not. OpenOffice has a dependency that
> Mozilla must be installed. I have both Mozilla 1.4 and Mozilla 1.5
> installed on my machine and OpenOffice works fine for me. One other
> thing I have Star Office 7 installed as well and it works fine.
>

> --

A little offtopic, but I have some athlon-xp optimized XFree & glibc
rpms (rpmbuild --target=athlon --rebuild XFree??.src.rpm).  I am curious
if there is a place in the contrib or a site where either I can find
these or place these availabe for general usage or contrib section.

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. I am working on a script that makes takes the Fedora source tree to
make an athlon-xp  based CDs.  If someone has already done this please
point me to it.