up2date problems with rawhide

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Thu Oct 30 23:50:36 UTC 2003

There are four packages currently in rawhide which give up2date fits:

desktop-backgrounds-basic
desktop-backgrounds-extras
redhat-config-http
yum

The fact that these are all noarch is not the problem.  The problem appears to
be that there exist two different versions of each of the packages in
rawhide.  If you download and install these packages manually (not up2date),
you will then be able to run up2date for the remainder.

NOTE:  up2date really needs to be made more bulletproof ... it really should
not hang or give some backtrace for such an error.  However, that is for the
next time.

I have not plans to bugzilla this.  If asked, my RFE would be to completely
bulletproof up2date and not just address this one problem because some other
situation will cause problems.
--
Gene