Up2Date looses installed packages during update (showstopper?)

Michael Ring michael-ring at t-online.de
Fri Oct 31 08:22:50 UTC 2003

I used up2date yesterday and it had to update about 20 packages.

During it installation of kernel-source up2date died because it could
not install the package. The problem now is, that all packages that
where to be installed after kernel-source are de-installed!

Now, on my system openoffice and, of course, kernel-source are missing!
There were another 10 packages that might not be there, but
unfortunately I updated in a console window so there is no scrollback
buffer available to find out what other packages are missing.

I can live with this happening during the test-phase of fedora, but I
think this is a showstopper for production!

Michael

I've entered a bug in bugzilla. ID is 108691