Testing current rawhide...

James J. Ramsey jjramsey_6x9eq42 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 13:56:41 UTC 2003

--- "Mike A. Harris" <mharris at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Marcus White wrote:
>
> There are internally, although I don't know if they
> were made
> publically available or not.  I believe there would
> be high value
> in making them publically available though for some
> external
> final testing, but I'm not sure what the official
> plan is.
>
> mkj:  Any chance we can push the latest test ISOs
> out for people
> to do final/semi-final testing?

I'd see some value in having a further set of test
ISOs. I have a ye olde CD-ROM that doesn't like DMA,
so I'd be a good guinea pig for testing whether the
BOOT kernel *really* only enabled DMA for hard drives.
This was in the kernel changelog:

* Fri Oct 10 2003 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>

- Only enable DMA on hard disks in the BOOT kernel.

However, I still needed to pass ide=nodma to the boot
prompt to get Fedora test3 to install, so apparently
either that change didn't make it to the test3 kernel,
or the attempted change didn't work.