up2date problems with rawhide

Mattias Dahlberg p00mda at du.se
Fri Oct 31 15:08:41 UTC 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Gene C. wrote:

> I have not plans to bugzilla this.  If asked, my RFE would be to completely
> bulletproof up2date and not just address this one problem because some other
> situation will cause problems.

Yes, I agree. Like the situation with incomplete downloads. Maybe up2date
could check the size of the downloaded package and offer to retry if the
download was incomplete? And if there's an RPM error during the installation
process (like a bad key due to an incomplete download or something else) it
would be nice if you could choose to install the rest of the packages.

But error checking aside, the new generation up2date is a joy to use and I
love the direction it's taking.

Regards,
Mattias