Mouse redetected

Don dnrlinux at san.rr.com
Fri Oct 31 16:42:36 UTC 2003

I had a similar experience on my laptop... kudzu detected a "new PS/2
mouse"... I said yes, go ahead.. blah blah ... next thing I know, my USB
attached wheel mouse stopped working.... I now have to use the touchpad on
the laptop.

Since then I decided to start the whole FCT3 install over again.... clean
install from CD1, then applying the updates... now I say "skip" (or
whatever) when kudzu keeps saying it detected new PS/2 mouse (which
obviously is the touchpad on the laptop.

It's great that it detects that hardware, but what if I want to continue
using an external mouse. (The same machine with Windows XP allows both
devices to work at the same time.. I can switch between mouse/touchpad
without doing anything extra)

Don