default desktop background looks hideous IMO (was Re: Testing current rawhide...)

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 17:18:40 UTC 2003

Deji Akingunola wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 17:37, Gerry Tool wrote:

>>>I kind of like this one... it reminds me of the quilted maple patterns
>>>on one of my guitars.

>>>I think everyone can agree (right, everyone?) that you've really done
>>>marvelous design work distro-wide to make the product feel truly
>>>first-class, minor background quibbles notwithstanding. Great job!
>>>

>>I'll second that.  It just continues to get better and more refined.
>>

>I remember some people once wrote they'll feel they are still doing the
>beta thing if the old background appear to be the default in the final
>release, if not it'll have been so nice to leave the yellow flower as
>default, its so beautiful.

Thanks!

I wanted to make sure that I changed the background so that people could
tell at a glance that it was not a test release, but the final.  I also
liked that picture of the flower as well, and that's why I included it
as an additional background in desktop-backgrounds-extras.

A little bit of trivia:  I took that flower picture in Durham's Duke
Gardens (about 40 minutes away from the Red Hat headquarters), in the
middle of the month of June.

The picture, before being slightly modified (saturation, mostly):
http://linuxart.com/photoview.phtml?sid=03jun14-midmorning_duke_gardens&iid=0614-110450

Thumbnails of all of the pictures from that outing:
http://linuxart.com/photoview.phtml?sid=03jun14-midmorning_duke_gardens&maxthumb=54

Garrett